MS Sync and HAM APRS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A very quick Google returned nada. Was wondering if anyone has been able to integrate APRS with the navigation? Looking at getting either a Kenwood or Yaesu mobile unit to run in the truck.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General Class here, no radio in my Raptor yet. From what I've seen of most of the radios that support APRS, it's probably far easier to just get the module made for or that works with the radios rather than try to tie into the Sync navi. If it's even possible to do the latter.

OP
OP
IoN6

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech class myself. I have my center console ripped apart and noticed an extra connector which got me wondering about getting APRS to integrate with the built in nav. I like a factory look so running an AVMAP in conjunction with the factory nav isn't something I would even consider.

Just have a VX-8DR right now, but given the cavernous side of the center console I was thinking of hardwiring/mounting a mobile unit in there.

Guess I'll keep Google'ing and maybe drop by HRO to see if they have heard of anyone doing it.