Need Advice on Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvugrad07

Reaction score
I'm debating supercharging my 2011 6.2L raptor. The only thing I'm uncertain about is the best way to go about it. I've been looking at the Hennessey 600 package, but I don't know enough about what the other options are. I was hoping you guys could recommend a course of action do I send my raptor off to Hennessey, would I get better bang for my buck with another package, or would I be better off buying individual parts and having my local shop put it together (i.e. recommended supercharger, headers, exhaust, tuner, etc.) ? Just a brief background on use: I don't do a ton of off-roading, but like to and have to occasionally, more looking for overall performance.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Brace yourself... Lol

Whipple or Roush is usually recommended around here. They both have pretty good options and feedback. Whatever you do, DO NOT SEND YOUR TRUCK TO HENNESSEY!

OP
OP
W

Wvugrad07

Reaction score
I've been reading of the issues with Hennessey on here, i'm really looking for an alternative. Do the Roush or Whipple kits include equivalent items to the Hennessey kit or would there be anything you'd recommend buying in addition to those kits? whats the real difference in the two packages?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hennessy is a chop shop. Would never trust them with anything. Hennessy uses other kits and put his name on there. Don't get caught up in his hype machine, he is a marketer plain and simple. Roush or Whipple would be good choices.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been reading of the issues with Hennessey on here, i'm really looking for an alternative. Do the Roush or Whipple kits include equivalent items to the Hennessey kit or would there be anything you'd recommend buying in addition to those kits? whats the real difference in the two packages?

Do yourself a favor and call Whipple and speak with Mike he will answer all your questions
and can even tell you where an authorized installer/dealer is located in your area so you can get the supplemental warranty.