Hello from Texas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you were right. Allergic to West Texas.

Yes sir, we've bben having a huge issues with wild fires. So it got me thinking about all the crap in the air. Anyhow, the allergist wants to do some kind of delayed food allergy test...basically strapping small pieces of food to our son's back for 48 hrs. I don't think it's going to change much but it's an easy test.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I used to live in Hobbs and it was one of the few places my allergies didn't go berserk.

I tell you, I'm in the worst business in the worst part of the country now for my allergies! I have to take something every day or I'm dieing.

Hope yall get that mess figured out Ray.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me I know about the fires. We have land in between Abilene and San Angelo, Bronte to be exact. Everyday we're praying for rain so that it doesn't burn up.

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We (Las Vegas USFS Fire Engine 451) are currently in Wichita falls for a fire assignment with task force 11. Just got done with several fires in the Abilene and Albany area. Weather doesn't look to favorable for rain in the near future but there are alot of us fire folks in the area ready to respond :)

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We (Las Vegas USFS Fire Engine 451) are currently in Wichita falls for a fire assignment with task force 11. Just got done with several fires in the Abilene and Albany area. Weather doesn't look to favorable for rain in the near future but there are alot of us fire folks in the area ready to respond :)

Thank you very much, we greatly appreciate your help fighting these wild fires!

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how many oil and gas lines there are out here. Had several lines blow in a couple of fires so far but all part of the job. My thanks goes out to Texas for the hospitality and the opportunity to help out wherever we can. This is our second assignment out here and I have found nice people in each town we travel to.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing how many oil and gas lines there are out here. Had several lines blow in a couple of fires so far but all part of the job. My thanks goes out to Texas for the hospitality and the opportunity to help out wherever we can. This is our second assignment out here and I have found nice people in each town we travel to.

Oh ya, West Texas is covered with oil wells and pipe lines. Back in the day geologist got tired of running around in the heat looking for oil and started throwing rocks. Then they would drill a hole where ever the rocks landed lol

Anyhow, I'm back home for a week. So if you end up in the Midland/Odessa area let me know and maybe we can get a coke or take the Raptor out for some fun.