Increasing top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I want to get my raptor to go over the 220 km/h top speed (137 MPH).
My raptor is supercharged, although i dont think that helps :(
I've gotten my raptor at 220 but the the rpm barely moves from 4500 RPM.
Do you guys know anyway to increase the top speed?

Attachments

• IMG_00000448.jpg
    IMG_00000448.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 213

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well since you've already got it to 220 km/h and its supercharged, I'm assuming you already have a tune for it. Which increases the top speed limiter. If you have a hand held tuner, you should be able to raise it up more. Next best thing would be a gear swap. You'll loose acceleration but gain top speed. Just keep in mind most off road tires are only rated for 100 mph. So I wouldnt drive too fast for too long.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think he is saying the truck doesnt have enough balls to keep pulling past 137 mph....am i right? maybe do some long tube headers and cat back if not already done. after that i say livernios 6.6L stroker!

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since you've already got it to 220 km/h and its supercharged, I'm assuming you already have a tune for it. Which increases the top speed limiter. If you have a hand held tuner, you should be able to raise it up more. Next best thing would be a gear swap. You'll loose acceleration but gain top speed. Just keep in mind most off road tires are only rated for 100 mph. So I wouldnt drive too fast for too long.
I've already removed the speed limiter so i dont understand why the rev stop at 4500, i mean my land cruiser can do way more than 220 km/h do you have the same problem?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the speed limiter is still set to 135 mph, even though you said you removed the limiter. Have you tried the raise the speed limiter?

I've had mine over 140 mph with stock exhaust but I had the 63 lbs. injectors

I have to say I did not feel comfortable doing those speeds not much front tire on the road. I only did this once!!!

The height and size of the Raptor plus the 4:10 gears, is still going to be a big limiting factor on going faster than 145+.

And you shouldn't hold those speeds with the OEM tires rated at 112 mph on the 9 1/2" x 17" rim.

Last edited:

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've already removed the speed limiter so i dont understand why the rev stop at 4500, i mean my land cruiser can do way more than 220 km/h do you have the same problem?

I've only taken mine up to 115 mph before I ran out of road. It was still climbing but I couldnt tell you what it maxes out at. Sorry.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah ive hit 125 mph pretty easy with CAI, cat back and tune and i know i have been just over 130 mph with same mods plus LT's but no SC so i i cant see why u cant run over 137 mph. what kind of tuner do u have. maybe check the settings for speed limiter

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Flying Raptor: these things have the aerodynamic graces of a loaf of bread! Get a Shelby "mousetang" if your looking for land speed records. In my opinion you're expecting too much and it's flat out dangerous to get these things going that fast with the physics and design capabilities and restrictions. 3 tons of metal HAVE to be a handful traveling at those speeds. Hopefully not doing this on busy highways. That said, your truck, your risk, your life.