How To: Locate the 6R80 Transmission Dip Stick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Contrary to what the manual says, there is in fact a transmission dip stick present on the 6R80. Thanks to GasGasMan for this excellent drawing, here's where you can find it; its located underneath the truck, directly above the transmission fluid pan on the passenger side:

transdipstick.jpg

FYI: According to the 2010 Raptor Supplement, the automatic transmission fluid and filter should be changed at 60k mile intervals.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reading just the subject line in thread view was pretty funny.

How to: Locate the 6R80 Transmission...........um look under the truck.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading just the subject line in thread view was pretty funny.

How to: Locate the 6R80 Transmission...........um look under the truck.

Leave it to you Tim.............That was a chuckle for sure!

FSM

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You add fluid here with a pump/hose. The hand pump auto parts stores sell that screw to the top of the bottle will work or anything with a hose to reach up in there. You have to drop the pan to remove fluid.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine about 5 weeks ago cause I just hit 60K miles ad I dropped te pan cleane everything and checked everything and I wanna day it took somewhere between 6-8 quarts to fill it back up. Can't really remember I just know that I had like 8 empty bottles on te garage floor haha