Lifting a 2011 Raptor SCREW 3"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who does a body lift? Can/Will the Ford Dealership do it?

Isn't a body lift just a bunch of "pucks" or "spacers"... IIRC, like maybe 12-16 total?

What's a body lift going to cost for the kit and any online sources to buy from? I can't find one for a 2011 F150 body lift.

Maybe just 2" would work, 3" might be too much... Reason I ask about the lift is that I don't want to mess with the suspension and would like bigger tires.

I realize the Raptor was built to be low and wide (relatively speaking) to handle obstacles at higher speeds as in desert racing... I don't plan to race my truck, ever. I'm mainly looking into this for cosmetic reasons.

I measured my garage door clearance last night... I can easily accommodate a 2-3" lift and still clear the top edge.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
performance accessories 70093 SHOULD work. you might have to verify though. it says 5.4, the 6.2 may have some different stuff. I personally wouldnt ever do a BL on a raptor, much less any other truck. I did one on a 2009 black platinum a few months ago. it was a royal BITCH. I wasnt all for it, but the truck already had 9.5" worth of rize kit on it, and he didnt want to redo the suspension. If you plan on jumping your truck at all, i wouldnt bother with the BL.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Have seen it done, but would strongly recommend against it. Thought the common solution for this was top perch + Deavers with factory block.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google is my friend :)

Check this out:

105011.jpg

$227 for a leveling kit from: http://www.truxxx.com

105011_12597221474.jpg

Maybe this is all I need?

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I keep reading the other raptorforum, it seems folks have been having problems with the Truxxx leveling kit.

Will the Ford Dealership do the top perch adjustment for me?

I also read that you can run 37" tires on a stock Raptor with no problems IF the factory Foxx Shocks are adjusted... BUT! You have to give up some wheel travel... I'm fine with that as I won't be racing or hard off roading. Any info on that?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I just did this one this morning and afternoon. Holy shit it took some time.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/daystar-2-leveling-kit-vs-top-perch-shock-adjustment-1708/

The worst part for me was trying to get the lower part of the shock back into
the lower control arm.
Just about blew a nut. Hated the fact that you also had to cut the original bolts to do this but
it's all done and raised another 1 1/2" and didn't have to give up any of the ride quality.
Feels exactly the same but taller.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this one this morning and afternoon. Holy shit it took some time.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/daystar-2-leveling-kit-vs-top-perch-shock-adjustment-1708/

The worst part for me was trying to get the lower part of the shock back into
the lower control arm.
Just about blew a nut. Hated the fact that you also had to cut the original bolts to do this but
it's all done and raised another 1 1/2" and didn't have to give up any of the ride quality.
Feels exactly the same but taller.
I agree 100% Ride quality on top perch sucked. leveling kit brought me back to Cadillac.

Rob Whitey

Reaction score
A body lift is just like any other mod. If you do it wrong it might cause trouble. The negative image of body lifts is from tweakers who try and make their own.

A body lift is a lot more than just spacers. It's bumper brackets to relocate the bumpers, it's a steering extension to lengthen the steering column, and fan shroud brackets to relocate that. It takes a full day to do one right, because you have to disconnect tons of stuff to make sure it does not get damaged when you lift the body.

I've never had an issue with one because I've done them right. I've had them on three Toyota's, now that I'm looking at a Raptor, I see no reason not to do one. I've talked to a guy on the East Coast who has done them on two Raptors without issue, and he's driven them hard. He put pictures on another site of him jumping his.

The reason I want a Raptor is the suspension. I've driven two and ridden in several. The best performance (for what I want to do) is stock settings, but that's based on what I like. So the only way to run a 37 tire without changing the suspension or rubbing the fenders is a body lift.

I know there are a lot of negative opinions about body lifts. I don't know how many are based on personal experience, and how many are based on something they saw or heard about, but don't know for sure what was installed or how it was installed. As I said, I'm coming from the Toyota world where you see everything from wood block body lifts, to Performance Accessory and 4Crawler body lifts installed properly.

Here's a view into Toyota world of a Tacoma with a body lift getting flogged hard:

YouTube - ‪Best of the TOYOTA TACOMA‬‏

I would not recommend asking the dealership to do it if they don't regularly do body lifts. In fact, I would not be anybody's guinea pig. As Linexsa said, it's a lot of detail work. Find out who in your area does them on a regular basis and talk to them about it. You can also do it yourself. There is nothing hard about it, just time consuming because of all the little detail stuff. Set aside a weekend. But a pro should be able to do it in less than a day.

Last edited: