Install whipple charger versus keeping warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get 10.9 mpg...so anywhere in the 15s is a win in my book...

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it but have the extra cash to back it up if something does go wrong. Worst case scenario you'll drop another 10k on a stroker if it goes. Just be kind to the pedal for the first 3k and you should be good. Oh and spring for the whipple and upgraded core and heat exchanger. You'll be all good and love the results.

do u hook up the dual fans to the upfitter switches?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You bought a $55,000 truck and want to supercharge it ($3,000+ more) and you're worried about the factory warranty?

Something's wrong with this picture.

You need to understand that the blower won't void your warranty and if you don't know about the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. 2302(C) you need to. It requires that if you are turned down for warranty work due to a mod you have done then the dealer (or whomever) must be able to prove that the mod caused the failure.
If not they are liable to honor the warranty.

Find a copy of it online and read it before you do mods like blowers, "Cold Air Intakes", etc.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get the 3/36,000 Powertrain Warranty from Whipple $575 extra.

The rest of the truck will still have the Ford Warranty.

Having a great dealer is key, if your having any issues with after- market add-ons.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You bought a $55,000 truck and want to supercharge it ($3,000+ more) and you're worried about the factory warranty?

Something's wrong with this picture.

You need to understand that the blower won't void your warranty and if you don't know about the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. 2302(C) you need to. It requires that if you are turned down for warranty work due to a mod you have done then the dealer (or whomever) must be able to prove that the mod caused the failure.
If not they are liable to honor the warranty.

Find a copy of it online and read it before you do mods like blowers, "Cold Air Intakes", etc.

Somethings wrong with this picture. His truck, his money and you want to question it?

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went whipple right away (7 miles on the odometer) and have been smiling ever since. Stock it was slightly slower than my Ecoboost and WAY less powerful the my 6 liter Deisel Harley 350. NOW, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I may have to cross the warranty bridge someday but everyday I get in this thing and GO is a pleasure.