Emblem Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPHay8

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2014 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, Ingot silver with blue applique interior. During the ordering process, I requested that the emblems, i.e. "6.2L, F150, Raptor" not be attached/installed/applied to the truck. The sales representative said that there is no special ordering feature with the Ford computer. If I cannot get the factory to not apply the emblems, is it difficult to remove emblems without damaging paint?
I like the plain/clean look. Also I have purchased some "Hot Wheels" emblems from GM used on the 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels Edition.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Prepare to get shit for the hot wheels emblems. As for the factory emblems, I have never heard of them not being applied via a special request. You could take them off once you get it. If I read another thread correctly, the driver's side emblem on the tailgate has holes behind it.

OP
OP
J

JPHay8

Reaction score
I put Hot Wheels decals below the SVT logo on my 2011 Molten Orange Raptor and people thought it was a special edition. Just did it for my six year old son who thinks the truck is a Hot Wheels truck.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I have not found any threads/posts for emblems yet.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2014 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, Ingot silver with blue applique interior. During the ordering process, I requested that the emblems, i.e. "6.2L, F150, Raptor" not be attached/installed/applied to the truck. The sales representative said that there is no special ordering feature with the Ford computer. If I cannot get the factory to not apply the emblems, is it difficult to remove emblems without damaging paint?
I like the plain/clean look. Also I have purchased some "Hot Wheels" emblems from GM used on the 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels Edition.

I think I heard the laughter from your dealership here in IL. :slap:

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.2L and raptor badge are stuck on with 3M tape. The F150 badge has alignment pins and 3M tape. I pulled mine off and just plastidipped the F150. Looks good on a black truck, I dunno about other colors.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have removed emblems on other vehicles and here's what has worked great for me:
1) Get a hairdryer and heat up the emblem. Keep the heating 6 to 12" from the emblem and do not keep the heat on one spot.
2) Take some fishing line (thin dental floss works as well) and get behind the emblem and slowly pull down. This will cut through the adhesive and take the emblem off.
3) Spray Goo-Gone on the remaining adhesive and wipe off.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue pulled his off with a plastic trim tool. Cold I believe

I'm sure that can be done as well. I guess it depends on the adhesive being used. But, heating it up makes it much easier to work with and to remove the extra glue.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot, after I used the goo gone, there was still some adhesive left on. You couldn't tell until it got a little dusty. I rubbed some polishing compound on it and that took care of it.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue pulled his off with a plastic trim tool. Cold I believe

This is true.

I have used the heatgun, fishing line/dental floss method before and it certainly works great..but its slow going (Not that this job should be rushed).

But I bought a set of these plastic pry/trim tool thingies from my local auto parts store and I wanted to see if it would work.

Well shit, literally 30 seconds later it was done. They have an edge to them, so I picked one, started at the edge, pryed up stightly and the whole thing came off...adhesive and all! It was pretty cool.

Last edited: