Raptor SCREW Maximum Load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mliberte

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got my new Raptor - was hunting for it for a while... I think I could be the only nutcase in NYC to drive one... :). BTW this forum is the main reason I became an addict - thanks and keep up the awesome work!

I got a quick question for you guys: what's the actual maximum weight I can carry in the truck? There is some conflicting information:
  1. The Ford website shows 1030lb max payload
  2. The difference between the shipping weight on the title (5980 lbs) and the GVWR (7300 lbs) is 1320 lbs
  3. The sticker on the door says 887 lbs (!!!)

That last one is a bit of a concern... It's basically 4 people and a pack of cigarettes...

My situation is this: I'm going camping up north, and will be driving about 1000 miles - 200 of which on gravel roads. I need to bring at least 800 lbs of equipment with me (plus myself, the missus and a 100 lbs dog). The total will easily exceed 1200 lbs...

What's the real story? How much can I safely load in the truck? There will be no offroading when loaded, but those gravel roads will have some washboard sections in them...

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 103

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Michael!

I'm no expert on payloads but from how you described your trip, I would say you are more then capable to mash through the washy terrain in absolute comfort!! Enjoy the trip and throw up some pics when you get back!

Bad company

Reaction score
^ That. Maximum loads are calculated with large safety factors.

In other words, if you exceed the maximum payload while towing a trailer down in the rocky mountains in heavy traffic in 120 F weather on a pot hole infested road and driven by a moron, the truck needs to perform without transmission/brake/coolant/shock failure.

Last edited:

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh... those ratings are just a polite suggestion! If this truck can take this, surely our Raptors are more robust?

Overloaded%20truck%202.jpg

OP
OP
M

mliberte

Reaction score
Eh... those ratings are just a polite suggestion! If this truck can take this, surely our Raptors are more robust?

Overloaded%20truck%202.jpg

^ROFL
I was thinking the same thing... was just worried that the shocks won't like the prolonged overloading... I'd hate to have to bring a trailer just for the 200 extra pounds