Impossible Antenna Removal - What to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxysMyGirl

Reaction score
My son and I are trying to remove the antenna so we can remove the fenders so we can replace them with the glassworks fenders but we won't ever get to that point if we can't remove the antenna. Turns and turns and nothing. One of us has even pulled up on it as we read to do in another post, while the other turns, and nothing. Do we have to go to the dealership? What do they do differently? and what do they charge to take off the antenna? Thank you!

Nitrous Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son and I are trying to remove the antenna so we can remove the fenders so we can replace them with the glassworks fenders but we won't ever get to that point if we can't remove the antenna. Turns and turns and nothing. One of us has even pulled up on it as we read to do in another post, while the other turns, and nothing. Do we have to go to the dealership? What do they do differently? and what do they charge to take off the antenna? Thank you!

Cut off wheel?

:happy107:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just go to the dealership. Most likely something is stripped. The dealership should remove the antenna and replace any parts under warranty. A guy I know had the same issue when trying to replace the antenna on his FX4. The dealership took care of it under warranty.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have any pics of what you are talking about?

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

is it the mast or the assembly?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Remove the SVT side vent and you can stick your hand under to hold it.
Try that.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Remove the SVT side vent and you can stick your hand under to hold it.
Try that.

This is the answer. Whether or not you can reach it from the SVT vent is the question. Worst case you can probably reach the underside once you remove the inner fender liner. There is a splined sleeve that is embedded in the antenna's shroud...into which the antenna threads. If you can reach in and grab the bottom of the sleeve that the antenna threads in to with pliers you should be able to hold it while you loosen the threads of the antenna its self. This should be pretty simple for you, especially if you're taking on the somewhat dubious task of fitting aftermarket fiberglass fenders.