Roof mount light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And comments / feedback on the howl or whistle created by roof mount light bars? Was about to pull the trigger on a Vision X 43 w two 5" apex and was told that most roof mounted bars create a lot of wind noise, howl and whistling?
Fist hand experience??

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They do make a lot of road noise. I personalty dont recommend them. There are way better options. We have 6 different kits. check out the website

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
No direct experience, but I haven't heard a single person complain about WSI's behind the cab light racks as far as noise. Might be an option to look into.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any in cabin noise running the WSI behind the cab light bar. I went this way instead of roof mount in part to avoid whistling. Not everyone is bothered by the noise but most roof mounts seem to make noise. I was concerned with how bad it would be since I have to take the cross bars off my wife's Durango roof rack when not in use or the noise will drive you nuts.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My WSI behind cab dual light bar has no noise until you reach 90 mph and above..
At around 100mph you get a nice loud thump as the cab roof deflects (oil cans) in.. It took Sportscars and myself by surprise a couple of times during the Bullrun.

THIS is not going to happen on WSI "normal" light bar... Mine is the exception because I have about 8"+ sticking above the roof!

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And comments / feedback on the howl or whistle created by roof mount light bars? Was about to pull the trigger on a Vision X 43 w two 5" apex and was told that most roof mounted bars create a lot of wind noise, howl and whistling?
Fist hand experience??

They will whistle, but you can aim them correctly to avoid that. It's very touchy, and will take some patience, but it can be avoided. Why not do the 43" behind the grill? No noise on that one! And no one can snatch it.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have almost no wind noise from my roof mount light bar. I was very concerned about noise when I installed. I would compare the noise at 75MPH to the AC fan on 2 or 3 bars. I had the light bar loosen up once and turn facing up a little and it got loud. When it is aimed properly, it is hardly noticeable.

Ricks_y

Reaction score
I looked on another forum and they are saying the screws are making the wind noise from the led bar. So he covered the screws with electric tape. when he took the raptor out on the highway( no more noise) . has anybody else try this?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have a curved rigid 54" on door jamb mounts and there's quite a bit of whistle at 35mph, but seems to stay the same all the way to 80mph.

the nice thing about it being so high, is that when you crash thru mud puddles it stays pretty clean and usable