DPFE (EGR) Sensor delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have searched the forums and not found this topic discussed. One of the biggest complaints I have had with my truck since installing the flowmaster exhaust was the loss of throttle response and lower end power. I have been told that the loss of response is do to the DPFE sensor common on Fords. The DPFE sensor regulates when the EGR opens up and dumps unburned gas back into the intake to be reburned. Since there is less backpressure with the new exhaust the DPFE sensor is reading more exhaust flow.

I was told that there are ways to do a DPFE sensor delete but I couldn't find anything.

Has anybody heard of this before?
if so care to educate me a little more?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I've read of any members having a reduced throttle response with their new exhaust...

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
itty, the DPF - Delete Particulate Filter & EGR Cooler are diesel engine components. Them other forums apparently think the Raptor's 6.2L is a diesel, which I have been told by numerous folks that my truck doesn't sound like a diesel. Doh! cuz it's not a diesel engine.
I haven't heard of anybody losing throttle response after installing an aftermarket exhaust on their Raptor. Now, if you do headers, you'll need a tune for sure...

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DPFE (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR) sensor is actually a gasoline engine component

The DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) is a diesel component.

So yes the OP could still be referencing a gasoline engine and not a diesel

OP
OP
ittybittyfds

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DPFE - Differential Pressure Feedback sensor. It meassures the flow in the EGR tube and converts this to a signal for the computer.

It is not specific to Diesel engines!

and no this did not come from another forum. This came from a real live ASE mechanic (no not a ford mechanic)

Last edited: