AIRRAID Installation on 2011 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Livernois Motorsports install mine, but I need to find out if I have an oiled or non-oiled filter. I want to run a "dry" element.
Thanks for the write up!

Swoop, You may not be able to tell the difference between the oiled and nonoiled filters by merely looking. Your invoice from Livernois Motorsports probably has the part number for the AIRAID kit, though. Failing that, if you lay a piece of toilet paper on top of the filter overnight, by morning the presence or absence of oil marks on it should tell you.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4wheelparts.com is offering them at $260.99 and thanks for the info, i want the non-oiled one now.

I checked retailmenot.com and looked up 4hweelparts.com and you can enter code CC5OFF for 5% off a purchase of $250. Tried it out in the 4wheelparts cart and it brought the price down to $247.94 with free standard ground shipping. Just an FYI for anyone looking to purchase. I'm tempted, but I think I'm gonna leave my truck alone for a while other than the accessories I've already added.

Last edited:

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post Ruger .
For anyone else here is the link to info on the two differant style filters:Airaid 2010 Performance Catalog

I just ordered from 4wheelparts.com and they now have a $50.00 promo card with purchase and you can use the 5% off coupon code CC5OFF as well . $247.94 for Synthamax delivered.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The AIRAID kit comes with two lengths of weatherstrip, a tall one and a short one. The tall one is for the Harley truck and the short one is for the Raptor. They only provide enough weatherstrip for the inboard and rear sides of the airbox. I've put the tall weatherstrip on the outboard and front and it seems to work just fine. The reason I did that was to keep water out. Y'all might consider that.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After two tanks full of gas, I can report out on how the AIRAID intake affects gas mileage. Same gas, same driving habits, same driving environment = no difference in fuel economy.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three photos of AIRAID installation:
- 001 is photo of factory setup
- 002 is photo of the engine compartment after the few factory components are removed to make ready for the installation of the AIRAID system.
- 003 is photo of the AIRAID intake system installed
30 minutes, guys. It isn't even a one-beer job!

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure I can drink one beer within a 30 minute time limit.:peace:

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question gents... does installing a CAI such as an airraid pose a warrenty problem with FORD... I'm 300 into a 75K BtB with Ford and not up for voiding out... Thx

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question. Ford apparently doesn't like it much. On page 405 of the 2011 F-150 Owners Guide (1st Printing) you will find the following warning:

Note: Failure to use the correct air filter element may result in severe engine damage. The customer warranty may be void for any damage to the engine if the correct air filter element is not used.

Okay, what does that mean? What is a "correct air filter?" Does that mean that if you have a Fram or Purolator air filter (indeed, anything that doesn't have a Ford or Motorcraft part number) in the factory air box, your warranty is void? No. In fact, K&N will go to war with you if any factory voids your warranty because you have one of their filters in it.

Here's another question: Does that warrning in the Owner's Guide mean that ANY engine failure will be attributed to the air filter if you have what they consider to be an air filter that is not "correct?" Very unlikely. If you blew a coolant hose or if the crankcase drain plug popped out, they'd be pretty hard pressed to claim that the resulting engine failure had anything to do with air filtration.

So what's it mean? I'm not sure myself. I've read that there is a federal statute that limits manufacturers' avenues for voiding warranties, but I've not read the law myself. I have also read that a great deal depends on how the dealership in question views modifications. And that, of course, varies all over the map.

Anybody with some first-hand experience with this particular issue? I bet there are few or none. I don't know what an engine failure due to air filtration would look like or how it could be proven.