Backseat Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I have literally gone up and down my street over potholes countless times now trying to figure out what is causing this back seat rattle. I have tried moving the headrests up and down, even off. I have shook everything trying to figure it out and I can't. Does anyone know of similar issues in a vehicle or what may cause it? Is it just the truck and this is normal? Help!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Locate the power wire that runs to the rear sliding window. It runs along the back firewall along the top near the passenger side rear head rest. If it came out of the clip that is supposed to secure it then it will rattle and squeak like crazy against the back window.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might wanna check your jack too! If the wing nut isn't tight it'll rattle I've had to tighten mine after going off road!

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have determined that it is coming from the back passenger side seat, sounds like it is above the seat in the ceiling? I cannot figure out what the hell it is... It's only when I hit potholes or rough road

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have determined that it is coming from the back passenger side seat, sounds like it is above the seat in the ceiling? I cannot figure out what the hell it is... It's only when I hit potholes or rough road

did you try what i recommended?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
l7h5m719nx.jpg