Sirius Voice Command Update File Available at SYNCMyRide.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sirius Voice Command Update File Available at SYNCMyRide.com (6/13)

The following message was posted to SYNC | Change Songs, Make Phone Calls, Get Directions - All Using Your Voice | Ford.com on June 1, 2011:

'In regards to the incorrect Sirius voice commands concern, we now have a user-installed file that you can download to a USB (flash or thumb) drive. To download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, please follow the steps below:

Download the Sirius Voice Command Update file, which can be found here: http://www.syncmyride.com/siriuschannelnamepatch/BT4T-14D546-GA.zip

When the download is complete, unzip the file to a flash drive. NOTE: Be sure to unzip the file directly onto the flash drive, not into an existing folder.

To properly run the installation on your vehicle, please follow the instructions on the ReadMe.txt which can be found on the zip file. This is a temporary solution for this concern; I will post an update once a more permanent solution is in place.

NOTE: This user-installed file can be used for 2011 Ford Edge and Explorer, Lincoln MKX, and 2012 Ford Focus vehicles exhibiting the Sirius voice command concern.'

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude
There is soo many handsfree functions i will never remember to use.
I was bored the other night and played with the voice command on nav while driving. Its a ton of steps to get your destination in but it works pretty darn good.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Dude
There is soo many handsfree functions i will never remember to use.
I was bored the other night and played with the voice command on nav while driving. Its a ton of steps to get your destination in but it works pretty darn good.

That's the only way I use the NAV. You can do it while driving. I hate sitting there parked while you type in a destination.