What rims and tires would y'all suggest for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
China wheels suck. Dune grapplers for alberta? Lmao. 20" rockstars?
I think you should recheck your wish list eh ther bud

If you had read correctly I do not want rock stars and almost all next year ill be in Arizona. You should read more slowly eh ther bud

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

The OP question was what wheels and tires...for ripping up AZ I would suggest sticking with a 17" wheel to give you more sidewall. You will have less issues and a softer ride. Johnny Beagle is correct, lots and lots of guys run Methods. Don't sweat the China bashers, pick what you like and fits in your budget. If you were just down in AZ I might say look at General Grabbers, had some good luck with those., but since you are up north as well, take a look at the Falkens. Ran those out from the west coast to the Snoball 500 and back, worked great on the highway and in the snow. I know guys that have run them in the desert a lot too and they get high marks. Enjoy your rig and let us know what you go with , PICs are always cool.

Thanks man ill have to consider em at least. And ill be mostly in AZ for school so I won't really see snow so a general grabber might be a good idea thanks

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
get the NEW rock star 2's
300550_10151641552092733_996710461_n.jpg

heavy as shit, ugly as ****

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
By the way just wondering if I was to get a set of Methods (or frankly any other off road brand) are bead locks worth it? I've heard a couple guys say they are a hassle as a daily driver as they loosen up a lot and sometimes lose bolts (would it be worth it though for the weekend off roading excursions). Is this the case or is this just what happens when you get a poorly built bead lock rim from a cheaper brand manufacturer?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not worth it unless you do A LOT of deep sand offroading. You have to constantly check the torque for each bolt on a beadlock to make sure you aren't losing air. Even then, most guys run in the 18-30psi range when they air down without beadlocks and very rarely have problems. Just realize when you air down you need to be more careful taking high speed turns.