What rims and tires would y'all suggest for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just bought a Raptor as a birthday present to myself and my first low budget modification I want to do are rims and tires. I basically want to get a good on road rim and tire combo that will also tear up anything the deserts in AZ or the fields here in Alberta can throw at it. I want to go with a mostly black rim (probably 20") and a 35" tire (I'm thinking dune grapplers by nitto). So I'm wondering has anybody had a good experience with a 20" rim on their raptor and if so what brand would you advise? I have Rockstars on my 2001 lowered F150 and I like em but ever since I started taking it to shows everyone has started using em and they are no longer original. Anyways I'm looking at spending around 2000-3000 (i do get everything at cost through the dealership i work at) for rims and tires. Any advice? Pics would help immensely too.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
method standard/double standard/NV is the default wheel of the FRF community at $160-200/wheel

35x12.50x17 standard tires of choice are Toyo Open Country MT, Falken Wildpeak A/T, Nitto Trail Grappler MT, or the Goodyear Duratracs (I think these come in that size)

welcome to frf youngin'

Raptorguy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot go wrong with Method wheels, they are strong and look awesome! As for tires, that is total personal preference but I like the Toyo MT's, General Grabber, and the Nitto Trail grappler MT. I have had both the Toyo's and the Generals, both are excellent!

Attachments

• ToyoPic.jpg
    ToyoPic.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 209
  • RearToyo.jpg
    RearToyo.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 179

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Chinese made quality? Almost all wheels are made in China, even our stockers.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
China wheels suck. Dune grapplers for alberta? Lmao. 20" rockstars?
I think you should recheck your wish list eh ther bud

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chinese cities puts out the most amount of toxic pollution on Earth.
china.jpg

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP question was what wheels and tires...for ripping up AZ I would suggest sticking with a 17" wheel to give you more sidewall. You will have less issues and a softer ride. Johnny Beagle is correct, lots and lots of guys run Methods. Don't sweat the China bashers, pick what you like and fits in your budget. If you were just down in AZ I might say look at General Grabbers, had some good luck with those., but since you are up north as well, take a look at the Falkens. Ran those out from the west coast to the Snoball 500 and back, worked great on the highway and in the snow. I know guys that have run them in the desert a lot too and they get high marks. Enjoy your rig and let us know what you go with , PICs are always cool.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep Methods and Falkens good Asian combo! Soon China will own most of America anyway so Don't worry about it.