Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a real test for us... Top it off, reset trip meter, then at next refill do the same... See how many miles/gallon you really get.

Night_Stalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do your MPG by hand and let us know. If I can get 700 miles out of tank, I m getting one in the morning!!!!! That is 2x the miles i average about 350

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too will purchase one immediately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i rely like the look of the bullydogs. id be pumped if it were true.. any one els have any info on them? what tunes do they come with?

Xbman

Reaction score
When I bought mine they only had a raptor tune for the 5.4. My 6.2 had to be set at the ford f150 generic tune. Needless to say I run the 5 star now

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
After hard driving and other stuff I noticed that I would go 10 miles and it would take off 15 miles from my miles to empty monitor. Now I'm getting 16.5 in town and it feels pretty accurate I still need to do some more testing!

Jay.gordon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, are you saying that one has to do this every time one uploads a new tune? For example going from 87 econ to 87 performance? If yes, what are the results of not resetting your ECU.

I'm by no means an expert on what the tunes change and how the magic of the ECU works with the different parameters, that's what have Mike at 5 star for. What I can tell you is that my MPG, throttle response and shifting feel "different" if I just change the tune and go vs doing the ECU relearn. The MPG is the big give away for me. I average between 14.2-14.5 in the city and between 18-20 highway. If I don't reset my ECU after having the battery disconnected I can see the MPG drop 1-3 MPG.

Bent22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my truck yet but I definitely cant see it getting 18 in the city...