New 2013 roush raptor stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my procharged Raptor does this sometimes. It's usually because the truck downshifts & it stalls due to too low of rpms. It's all in the tune. The truck has a safeguard setup & if rpms are below 500 l, it'll read low oil pressure & stall.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting post. I know have 250 miles on my R.R. No problems yet. Please let us
know if the problem comes back/and any solutions.

jpboats

Reaction score
I have 6600 miles on mine and have had no issues, also had a 2012 with 7600 miles on it and no probs keep us posted

RoushRaptor661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to dealer today and said coolant is leaking between the SC and the engine. Have to wait on someone from Roush to come look at it i guess.

Roush Rap

Reaction score
I got my 2013 roush last week. I had the same thing happen to me shut off said low oil presure. I fired it back up and its been fine. lets see what happens.

ra4418

Reaction score
i have had the same problem - have a 2013 Roush Raptor - has 1,600 miles on it, has stalled on me 3 times - last time almost put me into a tree. The first two times, i had the same LOW OIL PRESSURE light come on, the third (and most recent time), there was no light.

Just took into Roush certified dealer, they said there were no codes stored on the computer so nothing they could do about it.

NiK_0

Reaction score
Prob has something to do with k&n air intake that comes with the roush kit... the maf is not giving correct values to the ecu due to turbulence in the intake...
Mine stalls regularly at low RPM... very annoying. You put on the gas pedal to cross a ditch, it revs and then stalls right over a ditch... so annoying...

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is interesting that all these Roush Raptors are having the identical problem. It could be a glitch in the "tune". I'm sure FOrd and Rouch will put their heads together and figure this out. seems like a new model shakedown. lol