ADD Stealth Winch Front License Plate Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked when I bought mine and was told they have some sort of snap in mount. I believe they said it snaps into the winch opening. My front plate is "mounted" between the passenger seat and console. My answer for LE will be that I was not given a mount and see what they say. I did ask about a mount and was not sent one or given the option to puchase. One of my wife's relatives told me he has only been asked once in over 30 years of no front plate here in IL. Guess time will tell.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how it is elsewhere, but California requires a front plate as well. I have never used one on any of my vehicles and will never start. It is only a $15 fix it ticket here. If by some chance you do get pulled over and it would be rare to get pulled over just for no plate, you just zip tie it to the front bumper, have it signed off and then remove it again.

I have gotten 2 speeding tickets in my 350Z over the past 3 years (I know I know) and not one time did they care about my plate. They just asked about the car.

I already have paint matched bumper plugs for the Raptor which will be here in about 2 weeks. First thing is that front plate will come right off and bumper plugs inserted so it is clean looking.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_11_78&product_id=78

Ford - Sterling Grey Metallic color for Raptor

(I realize you were not asking for bumper plugs but the link is in case any one reading wants them)

Last edited:

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my Evo here in NY I ran with no plate in the front for 6 years. Got pulled over about 5 times in those 6 years. Every time I plead not guilty and not once did I have to pay a fine. More of an inconvenience than anything.

Phat_J

Reaction score
Texas is required to have front plates as well. I haven't had a front plate in 5 years. I have never been pulled over for it. I have gotten other tickets, but never a mention about the plate. I wouldn't worry about it.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drill some holes and mount over the fairlead

Sent from my S4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371733843937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371733843937.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371733876073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371733876073.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66