What Intake is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Several months ago, other problems reported by members but not experience by myself are the elbow ripping or cracking and the black wrinkle finish peeling off.

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Roush CAI. It fit perfectly for obvious reasons, and helped improve my gas Mileage a bit. I certainly dont regret buying it. But again as some said, it really depends where you live. Other people have to have much better filtration because they operate in an extremely dusty environment, or a snorkal kit for those individuals that believe a 6K+ truck can swim:signs8:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the best intake money can buy, go get in touch with the guys that build the cars for the big WRC teams, some of them can build offroad intakes that help cut back on particulate ingestion while giving more power increases than any CAI or wet filter system that exists in the aftermarket world, gonna cost you a small fortune though

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A more important question, is what FILTER is best...

On the countless runs I've been on, and multiple failures from different brands, I would only recommend the Donaldson PowerCore filters.

They're amazing. They flow great, filter ridiculously well, and trap more dirt than you can imagine before becoming restricted and causing a power loss.

The Volant intake system comes with a PowerCore filter (a large one too) and I've had nothing but great experience with the Volant myself, after switching from AFE.

Keep in mind, you can also add a PowerCore filter element to many existing intakes out there (AFE and 5-star intake for sure)... I'd highly suggest it!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Donaldson Nanofiber is arguably the best filter material for small particles like dust. Two companies that I know of that use them are the Volant and Injen.