crewcab guys, need input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two 12s sounds good. But if you were to do two 10s instead, would you have a bit more room for storage, amps, etc? Either way, I want one! Just not sure I need two 12s.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with this setup, you can run 1, 2 ,or 3 woofers up to 12in each. 10's would definitely give you a little more space, but most people are happy with one 12.

here are a few pictures of what i have done so far, and what i am planning on doing. the mold came out great, now its just making everything fit right and look good. remember, i am still in the raw build process. it looks ugly now, but it wont once i am done

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I like how you molded it around the mat so no cutting is needed.

i took a piece of wood that was slightly thicker than the oem floormat and cut it the same shape. after i got it protected with pva, i went ahead and laid the glass. the whole purpose of my design of these boxes is to fit right in without modification to your vehicle. as you can see, it will be a little harder to remove your floormat, but at least its whole, and th bottom of the box fits nicely

And then!

and then, i just got home. trying to get things organized at the shop for my texas trip is taking a lot of time. i didnt get as far as i wanted to, but luckily bigg50 is letting me keep his truck for a few more days. i am heading in bright and early to get as much done as possible.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I like how you molded it around the mat so no cutting is needed.

i took a piece of wood that was slightly thicker than the oem floormat and cut it the same shape. after i got it protected with pva, i went ahead and laid the glass. the whole purpose of my design of these boxes is to fit right in without modification to your vehicle. as you can see, it will be a little harder to remove your floormat, but at least its whole, and th bottom of the box fits nicely

And then!

and then, i just got home. trying to get things organized at the shop for my texas trip is taking a lot of time. i didnt get as far as i wanted to, but luckily bigg50 is letting me keep his truck for a few more days. i am heading in bright and early to get as much done as possible.