What Intake is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
In all honesty, what is the best Cold Air Intake on the market? I have 40% off on any Bully Dog Intake, should I go for it, or go with another option?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 115

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As I'm sure you already know, this is a question of personal opinion and what your intentions with the truck are.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, that one sucks........air! Do some research here on the forum. See what others are running. Don't just buy something because its cheap. Like Mobile said, what are your plans for the truck?

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Intake

Well I was wanting some opinuons from people who already have the products on their trucks, and what they think of them. Also wanting to get what was best all the way around for my truck. Yeah, I was thinking it must suck for them to be just handing out 40% off coupons. I want my truck to have power but I don't want to be taking it in every week to get wrenched on. I want all the power I can get, with my truck still being able to get from point A to point B.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Huge discount doesn't necessarily means they suck. Probably just a huge markup. Lol.

A lot of what will go into your decision is what pre filters you can get too. Marylandspeed has a discount right now on cai. Let me see if I can find it.

Cold-Air-Intake-Blowout!-Save-on-Airaid,-Volant,-K&N,-and-More!
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=22155

Here's a few threads to browse.

Volant-intake
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=5253

Air-Intakes
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=19500

Last edited:

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think almost all after market intakes are about the same when it comes to flow numbers. if i were you i would get the one with the best price your talking a 0-2 hp difference.

and guys he's looking at around 200 for the intake with the 40% I would do it. but Im a cheap ass.

Banned
Reaction score
stock with a high flow drop in.... will do what these expensive CAI's do for cheaper.

just my opinion.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stock with a high flow drop in.... will do what these expensive CAI's do for cheaper.

just my opinion.

This, but really depends on your goal. I chose filtration over flow. That's the one area I think there is a clear winner. The Volant w/ Donaldson filter.