Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
I hadn't seen any post about the Triple Dog GT tuner from Bully Dog. So I decided to buy one, it is way worth the money. I can now feel the power that the 6.2 should have! I'm getting way better fuel mileage now, in town I get 16 and on the highway I get 18-21. I filled up the other day and I had 708 miles to empty. What a relief that was, the only down fall is that they don't make any sort of tuner mount for the raptor. So I had the tuner professionally mounted and it turned out nice. Ill post pics of the mount later.
Thanks!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mount looks good...I had a bully dog for the 7.3L Excursion...it really added some hp and tq..

So you can change your tunes on the fly? Do you get information from the computer as well in real time? Can it be used as a data logger?

Anyway, like the mount location...

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Bullydog

Yeah it adds a lot of power you can actually feel, I hate that you can't change the tunes on the fly, it takes about 5 minutes to change it to what you want. I called Bully Dog to see if you can change it, they said "No, with the different fuel octanes in gas you have to select which octane before selecting a tune", which doesn't make since to me. I think it is stupid actually, but other than that I'm very pleased. The tuner tells you everything you want to know about the truck. With Bully Dog having there program on the computer (I haven't messed with it yet) they say you can upload all your info including performance testing stats and everything you would be interested in seeing on charts and graphs. It was an investment, too bad SCT and 5 Star don't make a tuner/programmer in the same shell as H&S and Bully Dog.
Thanks

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 star SCT running a 93 performance tune.

Here is something similr from 5 Star: Ford Livewire TS 5015 - 5 Star Tuning.

Yeah, due to different octane tunes I can understand the not being able to safely change tunes on the fly...completely different in the diesels...

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
I wish I would have went ahead and got that, at the Texas Raptor Run I was going to talk with the guys at 5 star but they weren't there. Too bad, can you feel a power increase with your 5 star. I was just admiring the picture of your truck, that hood rapped looks really nice. When I ordered myn I went ahead and got the hood decals.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, makes the truck more lively, better shift points and all and all the truck is even more fun to drive...also added an intake and an exhaust...

I have only run the 93 performance tune. I have not touched the 91 or 87 at all...

The avatar does not so it justice...I really like the hood wrap...check out Design -n-Signs ------------>
they can custom cut you a wrap and customize and it is cheaper than the dealer and put it on your self or get a local shop to do it

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
What are you getting fuel mileage with the 93 octane tune? Ill have to look into that rap. The bullydog made my truck a lot more fun to drive especially being able to hit 110 in fifth gear. What intake do you have?

Mjghawaii

Reaction score
What are you getting fuel mileage with the 93 octane tune? Ill have to look into that rap. The bullydog made my truck a lot more fun to drive especially being able to hit 110 in fifth gear. What intake do you have?

I just ordered the 5startune as well. Should be here Monday. I'm corious about the mileage upgrade too. Did your truck have some hickups when you first change the program. I read that I may need to run a 100 miles before it is fully working properly.