Anyone else have fragile leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got a small nick in the RT side of the seat back (about right where the top of your back pocket hits the seat). My dealer sent a repair guy to the house & he blended it in pretty well. If you didnt know where it was- you would never find it. I really wish I could have gotten cloth.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Mine take a beating each time I get in or out of the truck - because I have the tilt steering set at the lowest position, and the seat at the highest elevation. No abnormal wear signs yet, so no complaints here.
I'd rather replace the seat down the road, than have to re-do a steering column due to wear'n'tear.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2

Also the drivers seat has room enough for two if you get creative

If by creative you mean her sitting in your lap; then yea there's room for two. :hitit:My butt takes up the whole seat, so she sure isn't sitting beside me

Ford's leather sucks. It's thin, wrinkles super easily no matter what and simply cannot handle any kind of abrasion.

I've gotten to where I take my billfold out of my pocket so it doesn't poke into the side bolster and make a spot. Even wearing a leather belt can make a marking pattern in the seat.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leather is invariably delivered in a very dry condition from the tanner to the orderer. This is to preclude mold or mildew in storage or transit. The orderer usually does nothing to condition the leather, so it is usually delivered to the end user still dry. That's what makes it fragile, just like the skin of your hands in winter. Get a good quality leather conditioner and use it a couple times back to back. You'll see the leather become more supple and more resilient to wear. I've used Harley-Davidson Leather Conditioner for decades, but they recently discontinued the product. There are other good products available at the auto parts store.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really have anything to complain about with my seats.... Pretty normal wear and tear, IMO. I used to have a BMW M5 that had much more fra-gi-le leather.

One thing I have noticed is that my driver's side Raptor logo on the seatback has become less prominent (aka less deeply stamped) than the passenger side one, but it's not something that bothers me. With the beatings I've put this truck through between offroading and jobsites and it's lack of complaints, I don't sweat the small stuff and am still perfectly happy with my interior.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some cracks in the leather in mine. Thought about seeing if it is covered under warrenty.