Military Raptor Owners

Should I go ahead and buy a $55K+ Ford Raptor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like I am reading the dictionary when you write. However refreshing that you actually DO use proper English and syntax/lexicon, this forum really isn't the place for a thesis paper and words |----------------------| that long.

Academy...the first thing I look for in an Officer is a Good Conduct Ribbon. If you understand, you know what I mean. There's a reason I'm waiting until I pick up Chief to go LDO if not CWO (and that goes to you too, Huck).

I really think you should just make a decision. Have you seen the movie "Battleship"? Remember when Alex Hopper (USN/O3) directs the crew to 310 to ram the alien ship? Great choice. Remember when Ordy (USN/E3) begs Hopper for an order, to give him something to do and he couldn't? Your analysis running this deep on the purchase of a vehicle worries me.

I'll probably never meet you out in the fleet. You're unrestricted and you'll most likely go surface or something whereas I am Intel/Cryptology and I sadly will never see another ship. But when you're on that ship and you have 300-5,000 people under your Command -- you won't have time to write it all down, count beans and figure out which way saves the Navy/Marines/US Government money. You're gonna have to make a choice and pray to God that it's the right choice.

Buy the damn truck.

WTF! Did you become an Officer overnight as well? All you had to say was your last Friggin Sentence! Don’t they teach the ABCs anymore – Accuracy, Brevity & be CONSISE? DAMN it BLUF! Use it!:Moon:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blind, you know that I like to write! Come on now, how long have you been on the site? At least I'm not doing multi-quote-madness, yet! I'm sure it will get to that point, though.

BLUF: Purchase.

There, that better?! :suicide:

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West point grad here. You should get a $35k 1% interest loan your junior year from usaa. All academies get it. Then they just deduct tour pay at $500 a month for the next 5 years (your commitment). I'd wait till that. Especially since we know '14s are coming out.

Just don't be like the rest of your classmates who are going to go and get a 2 wheel drive European car, then complain when they get stuck in the school parking lot when it snows.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There definitely are a ton of personalities on here and I am absolutely one. I'm not an Internet tough-guy, I am 99% the same way in real life as well. Some on here can tell you that. Some can tell you more than others, ha!

Either way, you can't really go wrong.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blind, I think you should apologize to swoop.....I was very impressed with his thoughtful commentary.... :)

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with most the comments here. If your parents are going to help you, don't get it. It will be better appreciated when you have to do it on your own. And one more thing K.I.S.S. Just my $.02.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My grandparents helped me, I still appreciate my truck more than most people appreciate vehicles they paid for themselves