Vendor who makes a front hitch reciever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well after trying to find a front hitch set up for the raptor I am kind of stuck. I know wicked made one but well they aren't really in the game anymore from what I have read so I rather not mess with them.

I am looking for a similar set up to the wicked hitch. I am getting a hitch mounted winch after getting stuck in what most would describe as a swamp this past weekend. Ideally the receiver would be low key and be flush with the lower grille as to not really be noticed during normal driving.

Not sure who could do this but any ideas are welcome. Really would like the ability to winch off of the front or rear depending on the situation and not have the weight of a winch permanently mounted on the front end. I dont go play in heavy mud very often so the portable winch seems like the way to go for my needs.

Also as far as winches go I am looking at the WARN 9.5cti Multi-Mount which is pricey but a winch does not really seem to be something I want to skimp on. ...Especially after this past weekend. What do you all think?

-Anderson

OP
OP
Sliver Raptor

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about using a come-along?

I thought about that and have been thinking about that as a possibly but I feel like for where most of the people I know go driving on the east coast it would be nice to have a winch. I just hate the looks of having a winch on the front, also not a huge fan of having a hitch sticking out of my grille but at this point it seems like either way I will need to compromise.

I did see warns front system but I was worried about the fitment for out trucks and it does stick out alot from the lower grille. Im in no rush to get this done, mainly seeing what options are out there that will allow me to keep a stock like exterior appearance with the stock bumpers but give me the utility I need if I end up getting stuck again. Also being Maryland/ VA area salt is somewhat of an issue so I would be worried about a behind the stock grill mounted location.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So many options! Errg, so hard to choose.

Right now I have a come along in the bed with a kinetic rope, chain, and snatch block. I have been seriously considering a Venom Winch bumper, versus putting a Warn behind the stock bumper. I hadn't seen the receiver mount for the stock front like that before. Choices choices. Doesn't make it any easier!

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like that, not hauling the weight around up there all the time. Where did you get the mount?

Hmm. So do I go with this in stock bumper with TMX skid, or modify a Venom winch....

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made it myself... I kind of beg borrowed and stole ideas from this forum from other cooperative souls putting up pictures. Mostly you could get one almost made from outlaw and order the behind the grill mount. This was an idea Connor gave me to do , then find the receiver part available at many hardware stores and weld it to the outlaw mount. I actually did it the hard way and welded it up from scratch. Used 3/8 HSS plate and welded a section of 3X5 tube to it. Welded boxed in the ends of the 3X5 and welded it to the plate cost about 100 or so in materials.... Cost the most to fill my sons welder with Argon gas 50 bucks... But he welded for free so I figure were even...

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was lucky and got a wicked one before they went MIA. You can't even tell its there when I have my license plate in.

I probably could take some measurements after the TRR and see if one of the other venders on here could make one.

618.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free