push button start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not yet. i have had one of my guys working on getting signals we need to do the push button start. the problem that we are running into is being able to keep the keys in your pocket while starting the vehicle, without anyone else being able to start your vehicle.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need an rf interface for the reciever to know the keys are in range and switch the ignition to on, then the push button engages the starter only should require only one push then it will auto sense if it is running or not... Kind of like a remote start situation... I am glad I could explain this to you..

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got a stronger rf signal interface? the only option i am seeing is the dball bypass which will work, but i would highly suggest a security system to go with it. if you dont want a security system then the stronger rf signal detector is necessary

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Detector or transmitter?

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

What you need is a device like an EPIRB that is constant transmitting but only for about 6 feet. So when you get close to the door it opens and puts the ignition in to run position. ...

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Something that would do polling,,, reciever transmits a hello beacon about every 4 minutes and the transmitter says yes I am here.. Once beyond the 6 feet range the remote can not transmit far enough for the main unit to get the echo so auto shut down occurs...

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do a polling system the transmitter is in the truck, the key fob works as an echo beacon.. When it hears the beacon from the truck it replies... If the fob is too far away it simply does not reply and the ignition turns off...