Why is Tuxedo Black so desiereable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is TB so popular?

I got a TB Raptor about a week ago... they had two at the dealership. I really wanted Silver or White though.

I got TB as that's all they had and I was impatient and wanted to take a vehicle home that day... so I got TB by default.

I love it now, and I'm happy with... just a lot of work to keep it clean.

But the way they talk about shortage of TB and all here... its almost like the paint is made from Unicorn Blood or something?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gold fleck in the paint comes from Japan and only Japan. The color has been discontinued for the time being due to the fact they know they are going to run out.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gold fleck in the paint comes from Japan and only Japan. The color has been discontinued for the time being due to the fact they know they are going to run out.

So what's going to happen if someone needed body work? Doesn't sound like its standard PPG paint that can be mixed at any shop?

So we all just need to drive safe and not hit anything? Is it real gold in the paint?

I don't know the exact dollars, but on my Atomic Orange Z06... there was something crazy about the clear coat they use on that specific color car, something about the clear coat being tinted and its crazy expensive something like $7000 per gallon for this additive... but, that gallon goes a looooooooong way at the factory paint shop.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, there were two identical TB Screws on the SSF lot... I think they were identical, I didn't get into the other one... mine had 32 miles on when I test drove it.

Mine has the NAV/Moon Roof/Luxury Package and the rear tail gate extension....