Which supercharger to buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dsoren10

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. Has anyone had any issues with their supercharger (Roush or Whipple)?

MTF, what kind of mileage do you see on average? I saw in a previous post on your install that you said your mileage improved a bit. I'm not super concerned on mileage, as I understand it depends how much you can keep your heavy foot out of it. Just want to be sure I understand what I'm getting after I drop all the cash for it.

I'm also up at elevation (Denver) and go back and forth to the mountains frequently. I know the supercharger should help with the elevation but am also curious if it would require a different tune or anything?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never stated that the mileage improved with a blower, I have said that I'm running 63lbs. injectors and you should see a little better mpg with the 47lbs.

Whipple has Raptors running in 6,000 and better, I haven't heard any issues with Whipple or Roush.
The PCM in our trucks is pretty intelligent it will compensate.
You should talk to Mike at Whipple just for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had any issues with the Roush kit, and I'm at 11, 600 miles on it now.
The only issue I have encountered is the weak link of the factory oem tensioner
pulley as it's already failed on me afew weeks ago. But besides that
I would say both Whipple and Roush kits are pretty proven at the
moment, I know Whipple had an issue with longtube headers and tuning
at the beginning when I was already running a setup with my Roush
kit but I think that's all been resolved and their up with the times. ;)

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF, you were one of the deciding factors that swayed me towards Whipple over the others. Thanks for your posts.