New Sliders with Hi-Lift points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the center support fastener going through the frame; I don't like the other supports attached under the frame.
Just more items to hang up.
JM2CW

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the center support fastener going through the frame; I don't like the other supports attached under the frame.
Just more items to hang up.
JM2CW

Would almost agree. However, there are a few reasons they were done this way.

# 1. reson, I had help from an expienced fabricator who insisted we do it this way. There are few people in my area willing to mess with a road worthy vehicle's frame, much less a Raptor. So, gotta roll with the punches.

However, the issue you mentioned is not as bad as it looks in pictures.
image_zps9d1a885b.jpg
The flat part of the frame is free of obstruction. Besides all the stock skids etc. sit a lot lower.

Also, it should be noted that:
-The outer furthest points from center of the frame are the strongest for attaching anything.
-Doing it this way prevented more holes than necessary to be drilled.
-A full belly skid plate, which is coming in the future, will extended much lower than any of the mounts.
image_zps05f4bc31.jpg
Sometimes you just gotta see the big picture. These mounts could even be used to help mount the skid.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

On other off-road forums I have read several horror stories regarding powder coating. Besides, using a spray can isn't that difficult. It's not easy to match up powder coating. As much as I change and modify things I wouldn't want to powder coat stuff every time. In the future I'm going to try to stay away from it.