I've got a Stubby!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received and installed my Stubby antenna from Cravenspeed yesterday and can't believe this isn't a factory product. I didn't realize how friggin huge the old mast was, until I had it off the truck!! No more banging the garage when I drive in/out. :waytogo:

All the local stations still come in loud and clear, just as before... no loss of quality whatsoever. Thanks for the great product Cravenspeed!!

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can totally believe it is not a factory product!

The stubby performance does not compare with the long factory whip antenna. It is pure physics. I worked in wireless propagation, link calculation, spotty reception issues, etc. for years. Craven gets away with selling them with a 30-day return policy because for urban customers (most of the population lives in urban/suburban areas - duh) with very strong radio signals nearby, guys don't notice much of a difference and coo coo about how awesome things are with the new sleek look. But be aware, you will not get the same reception. No ifs ands or buts. If your listening depends on pulling in distant or weak signals, stick with the whip. For many, AM/FM may not matter much as they're always using Sat or Bluetooth sources...so go for it.

Glad its working for you but buyer be educated. And test to your satisfaction within the 30-day return period.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I myself have a stubby too, but I use the jukebox more so anyway unless a ballgame is on. Tired of commercials. ha.

OP
OP
puddle hunter

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can totally believe it is not a factory product!

The stubby performance does not compare with the long factory whip antenna. It is pure physics. I worked in wireless propagation, link calculation, spotty reception issues, etc. for years. Craven gets away with selling them with a 30-day return policy because for urban customers (most of the population lives in urban/suburban areas - duh) with very strong radio signals nearby, guys don't notice much of a difference and coo coo about how awesome things are with the new sleek look. But be aware, you will not get the same reception. No ifs ands or buts. If your listening depends on pulling in distant or weak signals, stick with the whip. For many, AM/FM may not matter much as they're always using Sat or Bluetooth sources...so go for it.

Glad its working for you but buyer be educated. And test to your satisfaction within the 30-day return period.
I completely understand what you've said and was well aware of the "pure physics" of it all, but this is great info for anyone who may not have been. I personally equally divide my time amongst the radio, Sirius, iPod and bluetooth streaming... and fortunately live in a populous enough area to not worry about am/fm reception.

However, after re-reading my post, what I meant by "factory product" was to describe the quality and fit and finish, of the Stubby. Sorry that was unclear.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never found myself in a situation over the last year where the stubby didn't get the job done. I can't imagine a situation where I'd ever need the stock antenna again, but if I do, I'm prepared since I just tucked my stocker under the rear seat.