Cb radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I already have wiring set up for a cb radio, I just don't know what kind to get? Any suggestions? Cheap yet easy to link to frequency 's etc

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Cherokee that's unlocked sitting in my basement almost brand new. Bought it in highschool -10 years ago. I'd be willing to sell it cheep and it's small. Also have a k-40 mag mount antenna as well

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I have a Cherokee that's unlocked sitting in my basement almost brand new. Bought it in highschool -10 years ago. I'd be willing to sell it cheep and it's small. Also have a k-40 mag mount antenna as well

Any pics of it and the connections? I have a screw in antenna line and what looks like one female and one male plug in... Sound about right?

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have wiring set up for a cb radio, I just don't know what kind to get? Any suggestions? Cheap yet easy to link to frequency 's etc
Are you looking for a CB or VHF/UHF radio? Your request is a bit confusing. CB radios come with the normal 40 channels. VHF/UHF radios you can program the freqs. Very few radios can do both CB and VHF/UHF.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What he said.

no one uses CB on any raptor runs. Its all VHF.

I can get pretty good prices/deals on the TYT stuff. All of the Great Lakes Raptor Excursion support trucks run the TYT TH-9000. 60W VHF radio.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest as others talk to the car stereo company as a dealer for Icom could hook you up with VHF and UHF and VHF/UHF radios prices will vary. Second answer to your post, if your looking for a CB radio then make sure it has SSB also... This is single side band and essetially makes your 40 channel cb a 120 channel. I have been doing this for longer than I care to admit so if you have a question please ask...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heres the kicker though. some blm only monitor cb. so if you were to need immediate help the rangers would only hear you cry on cb radio.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you looking for a CB or VHF/UHF radio? Your request is a bit confusing. CB radios come with the normal 40 channels. VHF/UHF radios you can program the freqs. Very few radios can do both CB and VHF/UHF.

If you are willing to spend around $650 to $900 (used to new) you can get a decent rig that will do CB (11 meter band) and everything else. With that being said you would need separate antennas and the radio would need to be modified (usually really easy). I highly recommend getting your amateur radio license with any UHF/VHF radio.