Mounting 2013 Ford factory beadlocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just a few things on the Ford Bead Lock Capable Wheel for anyone just checking in:

The wheels are DOT approved! (for those buying the bead-lock capable wheels for looks only)
The bead-lock rings say offroad use only (First you must spend the $500 for the rings and then convert your wheels to true bead-lock which just means remounting them with the outer tire bead on the outside of the wheel which the bead-lock rings then holds on with its 24 bolts per ring).

You do need to keep an eye on the wheels and make sure the bolts (all 96 of them) remain torqued properly (47.9ft/lbs). Most say that once torqued properly they don't come loose that easily or often but like any vehicle (especially after hard use) you want to keep an eye on them. I think one of the concerns for use on road is for those who are lax in checking their equipment. You certainly wouldn't want a bead-lock ring to come loose at high speed (whether on road or off road).

I doubt most people who get the Ford bead-lock capable wheels will ever convert them. I'm still researching and asking those smarter than me about their use. I have the rings and plan on utilizing them because I know I can use them around here but I also want to learn as much as I can about their use and limitations. But again that's the nice thing about the Ford bead-locks, it's not an either or.

gallopingford

Reaction score
I currently have them optioned on my 2013 getting built. I love they are a functional forged beadlock and look badass, I am just not sure ill actually use the beadlock upfit, and I am still not crazy about the offset. I like where the wheel protrudes a little from the fender like the 0 offset methods I keep seeing.

Ill keep thinking about it though.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree they are an awesome looking wheel whether converted ever or not (and forged). Stock offset yes but they are still my personal favorite wheel. The only other ones I personally like are the new Method NVs. Don't care for any of the other bead-lock wheels but I'm partial to black.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The MAIN point they made to us at SVT is they are specifically designed to work with stock BFG tires and their bead. They have not been tested with any other tire combinations..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't need a tire iron to mount tires on a beadlock rims, you can see how easy it slipped on with the use of the tire iron.
I thought it was funny when he called it a Glamour ring. Beadlock rims are safer than non beadlock rims if properly installed and maintained.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know 4 year old thread sorry

First question is best prices and place to order the bead lock rings?
Second how many guys if any are running them on the street and off road? I do both and don't want to switch back and forth.
Third I am running the general MTR 35's and these were rated/tested for the bag only so any issues on non big AT tires?

Last question is can I just let the air out of my wheels and tires, remove the "beauty" ring and install the beadlong rings, torque and air back up or do I need to remove the rim from the tire completely? Also would these rings being added need to be re balanced once installed?

Thanks and sorry for the old thread coming back to life.

Corona4Me

Reaction score
First question is best prices and place to order the bead lock rings?
Second how many guys if any are running them on the street and off road? I do both and don't want to switch back and forth.
Third I am running the general MTR 35's and these were rated/tested for the bag only so any issues on non big AT tires?

Last question is can I just let the air out of my wheels and tires, remove the "beauty" ring and install the beadlong rings, torque and air back up or do I need to remove the rim from the tire completely? Also would these rings being added need to be re balanced once installed?

Thanks and sorry for the old thread coming back to life.

You would have to bring the outside tire bead out of the wheel the make the "real" bead lock work.