[VIDEO] ICON Shock High Speed Testing San Felipe, Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As you know Dylan our lead engineering, along with quite a few others running ICON suspension, were down in Mexico this past weekend at the ICON Baja Raptor Run by TreyPal Events. While they were down there some time was spent to answer a few questions that have been hidden unless you own a set if ICON shocks. BlueSTV did some great video work and this should help with a few answers to the performance level of the ICON shocks. You will see clear display of the terrain being shown at depth, vehicles with multiple levels of suspension mods from shocks only & shocks with springs with air bumps kits.

Ford Raptor Icon Testing - San Felipe, Mexico - YouTube

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for those of us thinking about icons, can you post the settings you have found to be best for:

1. on road driving
2. whoops like in the video

guess it would how many clicks in from the right?

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Incredible! Great footage angles and amazing how well they performed including the rears! I was surprised how well the rear stayed planted and not bucking around

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for those of us thinking about icons, can you post the settings you have found to be best for:

1. on road driving

I have mine set to soft up front and rear comp 1 = 7 comp 2 = 4 and rebound 4 this is what the factory recommended and I like so far...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The baseline we found to work well has been:

Front shocks on "S"
The SHORT tube should be 16 clicks (4 full turns)
The LONG tube should be 12 clicks (3 full turns)
The REBOUND should be 20 clicks (5 full turns)

I can tell you for this trip, the only adjustment gordon made was closing off the rebound a bit, around 4 clicks (1 full turn)... mostly because we were hitting some MONSTERS out there, and it seemed to help with his setup.

Keep in mind guys, every setup is literally going to be different. Depending on whether you have supercab/supercrew, nationals/deavers/stock springs, 200lbs/400lbs/600lbs in back, etc.

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is awesome! The things we can do to take our Raptor to the next level!! I need my truck already so I can start saving for some ICON 3.0s LOL!

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

1. on road driving

Here is the instruction that include a baseline

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/95200_instructions.pdf

Then I would def listen to what everyone says as well. They are telling you their experience they have on the terrains they deal with and that is def valid. Ride is subjective so ultimately it will be what works for you and your needs, our 3.0 shocks have a sufficient range to accommodate you in any way you desire to use your Raptor.