Mounting 2013 Ford factory beadlocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rings just arrived today! I feel a little better now after having my build week pushed back a week. Can't wait though!

OP
OP
R

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they can be installed instead of the beauty rings, but tire not mounted as a true beadlock, so they can be driven on the street? Probably look stupid with the gap for the tire showing, they look so much nicer that the beauty ring it comes with...

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm not sure. I talked to my service manager about making them true beadlocks. I told him what my plans were and we talked about this on-road/off-road thing with beadlocks and he said if I were you, I'd go beadlocks. They're pretty common around here with the crazy terrain we have. We have world class dunes, remote trails in the Red Desert and extremely rocky traditional 4x4 trails. I want to be able to air down when necessary and not have to worry. I'm going true beadlock! Plus they look awesome!!!

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We just discussed my use of the Raptor and that it would not be a daily driver and see limited highway use. From what I know of beadlocks, you just need to maintain and check them more often. I think because 4x4 use here is so common and many utilize beadlock wheels that it's not a big deal. No one's hauling their Broncos/Jeeps on a trailer just to get to the trailhead. Thoughts???

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work to me. How do I drive to my favorite off-road spot if I can't drive them on the street? Take 2+ hours to install these rings for off road use.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work to me. How do I drive to my favorite off-road spot if I can't drive them on the street? Take 2+ hours to install these rings for off road use.

Yeah...I had thought beadlock wheels just meant that when you got offroad you can deflate your tires, but when you are done you just put air back in them before you drive home.

But from watching this it sounds like you have to change the whole wheel over.