Extended warranty and snow performance...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I opted out of the extended warranty for my 2010 since I know I'll either get to a point where it will all be void or I'll get a newer model before 3 years is up. My g/f on the other hand bought a 2011 this summer and got the warranty for the duration of her financing, but that mostly because she has her own personal black cloud, lol.

As for the snow performance I live in the NWT and we've got 10-20cm coming down today. Went through last winter and the only time I needed 4x4 was to play or pull a trailer out of the snow. So long as you understand it's winter and you don't drive like an idiot you're fine.

Last edited:

Raptor108

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my last F150, a 2006 King Ranch, without an extended warranty based on the "consumer magazine" type advice that extended warranties are not worth the money. Just after the basic warranty ended on my '06, the transmission blew and cost me $3,000. So, I bought the 7/100K ESP for the Raptor! I suggest shopping fordwarrantys.com and see their price. I printed the online price and asked my dealer to price match. After some complaining that the online price was too low, the dealer matched the price and I bought it when I took delivery on the Raptor.

midnighyt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to take my Raptor through some unplanted fields in PA to get into any kind of snow. 2 years after the snow-pocolypse in NOVA and haven't seen a thing! However after a 1/2 inch dusting I did try and kick out the rear a bit around a parking lot and the stability control held me together and wouldn't let it over rotate, you'd have to swing it and just slide sideways by momentum, but won't under power :)