Carbon Fiber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new Raptor owner as I just picked up my 13' screw today in tuxedo black. I am looking to do some modifications to the interior including wrapping the dash and armrests in leather as well as wrapping some trim parts on the dash, center console and door panel in real carbon fiber. I would like to know if any other forum members would be interested in carbon fiber parts? I will post pictures of mine when it is done but was curious if there was a demand for it outside of myself and if so what that demand would potentially be. I do understand price will be a factor.

Also, let me know your ideas on what to have done in carbon fiber as I am still trying to decide the right combination as I don't want to "over do it".

FODE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems most like the look of carbon fiber first.. Then the performance last..

Typically Interior trim pieces will not yield a huge gain in weight reduction.
Unless you decided on a Carbon fiber dash.

Sent from my iPhone using My

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see why you would want to pay for the real stuff. The vinyl wrap is inexpensive. With all the plastic pieces in the interior, real carbon fiber does not make sense.

For the price of the material you can do a lot of other mods which I think is money better spent.

7011022725_da2e4bf477_z.jpg
IMG_0150 by cbsmd001, on Flickr

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How hard was it to wrap those pieces? With a pattern like that it seems like it'd be hard to get everything to correlate.

Andrenj

Reaction score
I did a few vinyl wrap myself was very happy with look and price.

Attachments

• 20130119_123806.jpg
    20130119_123806.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
The purpose is for ascetics only. I have considered the vinyl wrap, but in my opinion, it doesn't look as good as the real stuff, but that is my humble opinion. It will take a while to post pics as I have to send the parts to the UK as I have not found anyone in US as of yet that can provide good samples. This treatment is apparently pretty big in Europe. I got the idea from the Audi S7 as I liked the way the interior looked.

OP
OP
H

HawkeyeRaptor1

Reaction score
It is only going to cost a couple hundred bucks to do what I'm looking to do. Here in the Midwest, there are not a lot great offroading locations especially by Chicago, therefore it doesn't make much sense for my application to redo the the whole suspension as it will mostly be my daily driver. The majority of my offroading will be whipping through corn fields.