OMF Beadlock Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that would be your best bet. Buy uses stockers and send em in, swap em out and sell your current stockers. It'll take a long time to sell em on here, because well, they come stock. It'll take selling em to somebody in your same situation, or somebody who bought they're truck used, the previous owner changed wheels, and they like the stock ones better. However your best bet would be to go on the F150 forums and sell em. Those guys love putting the Raptor wheels on their regular trucks, or really any stock Raptor parts ok their trucks.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just can't find one that I like the looks of.......
I really like the sidebiters, except they don't have that lip (beadlock style)
Methods are nice, but you got to paint the lip if you want to color match & EVERYONE has those!

Ya too many Raptors are sporting the Methods! I do like the M/T side bitters and almost bought a set before I found a set of Beadlocks that I liked.
I thought going OMF was way to expensive? Plus the Ring sits way to close to the face of the rim IMO. Some beadlocks can be had in just about any backspacing, its the cheap Made in China rims that don't give you the option to choose your bacspace.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought going OMF was way to expensive? Plus the Ring sits way to close to the face of the rim IMO.

$320 for the rim/ring/installation
Yeah, looks a little close on stock, but the M/T have a space between the lip & spokes.
I don't think that is too expensive to get exactly what you want

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Omf, they dont
Code:
make rings for the method DS, due to the chamfered edge on the wheel face. They do however make them for the standards though.

I ran the MT sidebiter wheels on my FJ, would not recommend them. the paint/coating is pretty fragile, plus the gloss finish requires a lot of upkeep. They even put a disclaimer in the box regarding that.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the MT sidebiter wheels on my FJ, would not recommend them. the paint/coating is pretty fragile, plus the gloss finish requires a lot of upkeep. They even put a disclaimer in the box regarding that.

Good to know. I was actually talking to the line-X guy about having the rims done with their new coating. Looking at the sidewinder rim as an option too. Going to have to talk @ omf AGAIN!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had 10 Sidebiters sent to me over a month, most came pretty scarred up. While they do a terrible job at packaging these, the finish simply dings easily. This was confirmed when i had the tires dismounted, even with care taken they got pretty mauled.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, dropped the hammer on a set of Black Rhino Sidewinders & had them shipped to OMF for conversion. Total cost $1,200.00

Pics to follow in a few weeks

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels arrived today, got them mounted & installed. Pics as promised

Attachments

• IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 78