New Sliders with Hi-Lift points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm fixing to start a project on custom Sliders. They will have Hi-lift lifting points, 4 mounting locations welded to the frame, flat top with flare holes, and sprayed on bed liner.

They will probably be very similar to this
DSC02849_zps56562de3.jpg

My question is would any of you be comfortable using an Hi-Lift on a Slider specially designed for it? I've heard a lot of negative discussion on them. Don't want to have the jack slip causing mayhem, possibly damaging my truck.

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've actually looked at your thread many times. It was my original inspiration for my soon to be sliders. What size Hi-Lift are you using? I imagine due to our suspension travel it would require one of the longer models.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, not yet. Hope to never need to. The thing scares me a little, I aint gonna lie ;)

OP
OP
Dan06

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking when changing a tire, if I chain the axle up, the suspensions travel would be dramatically reduced. Read a WSI post somewhere regarding it. The chains used to turn the lift into a winch would probably work for this. I like the idea of having a backup winching device. Just seeing the Hi-Lift in action would make me feel better about my sliders design. I'm going with 4 legs, which may be unnecessary weight if I'm not lifting from them. Also, specifically leaving open areas in the flat top, so the Hi-Lift doesn't contact it. Once these are built I plan on using the lift until I'm comfortable enough to use it when it counts. Kinda edgy about messing something up though. That's why I was asking for in action photos.

Last edited: