Level 2 upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had ANY issues installing the clean sweep with the sub clipping?
I've read that some people had problems with Sony amp causing it when intergrating a amp.
Like this guy....
2012 Ford F150 Raptor - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

That guy used the lcq-1 along with the JL sii...

Would it be the same thing to just use the two JL items in your packages?

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you had ANY issues installing the clean sweep with the sub clipping?
I've read that some people had problems with Sony amp causing it when intergrating a amp.
Like this guy....
2012 Ford F150 Raptor - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

That guy used the lcq-1 along with the JL sii...

Would it be the same thing to just use the two JL items in your packages?
yes. the JL pieces send the proper resistance to the oem amp and you wont have to have additional pieces. i have had this issue with audio control in other vehicles. with the JL cleansweep and summing device there wont be any integration problems.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost. if you refer to birdmans writeup, there is a slight modification to make the tweeters fit and you might need to run some sound deadening for the door woofers

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. the JL pieces send the proper resistance to the oem amp and you wont have to have additional pieces. i have had this issue with audio control in other vehicles. with the JL cleansweep and summing device there wont be any integration problems.

Few more questions for ya!
Are there any volume issues with the JL clean sweeps that you've had? Can I still control the volume thru the head unit?
Does the auto turn on for the remote wire work on the ssi... Any popping?

And lastly, can you do a short write up on the wiring setup for the JLs and the Sony amp... I'm still a little fussy about the order (Sony amp, CS and ssi)... And this is all going to a 5ch amp.

Thanks for the time!

(Yes, I've used the SEARCH button but its left me with the above questions):sorrysign:

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
duke, i type like crap on a computer or phone. there is a lot to write. i would definitely do it when the time comes to install in my truck, but if you want to get all your questions answered, give me a call at the shop. (650) 938-3511. anytime after 10ca time.

i will be doing the install in my truck hopefully by the end of the month and should have some pictures and info available at that time.