Ford Sync + Nav updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IPvFletch

Reaction score
I got my (used) 2010 Raptor not to long ago... Finally logged into syncmyride.com and registered.

I filled out the VIN and info and it I tried to download the updates. It told me manual update is unavailable for my vehicle. I have to take it to the dealer for it to be updated.

The service guy at the dealership told me it is $90 and won't give me any new features and would be a waste of money.

I don't get it. How do I upgrade then? And I think I need to upgrade to get the new Sync Services, right?

Anyone know?? Is there a manual ISO/ZIP I can download from somewhere and throw on the USB stick to update it myself some how?

Also how do I upgrade my NAV system? It's kind of ancient now being 2+ years old...

Thanks!

HarleyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my (used) 2010 Raptor not to long ago... Finally logged into syncmyride.com and registered.

I filled out the VIN and info and it I tried to download the updates. It told me manual update is unavailable for my vehicle. I have to take it to the dealer for it to be updated.

The service guy at the dealership told me it is $90 and won't give me any new features and would be a waste of money.

I don't get it. How do I upgrade then? And I think I need to upgrade to get the new Sync Services, right?

Anyone know?? Is there a manual ISO/ZIP I can download from somewhere and throw on the USB stick to update it myself some how?

Also how do I upgrade my NAV system? It's kind of ancient now being 2+ years old...

Thanks!

When I had my 2010 I never updated the Sync system and I never had any issues with it. All the features continued to work. I would find the change log for the software update and figure out if the new features are worth the $90.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I have done one update from My account at Sync My Ride...it went fine...the next update did not take...very finicky...and I had the dealer do it...my was no charge so it was no big deal

From what I understand the USB drive needs to be EXACTLY formatted and the update must be downloaded with a specific structure for Sync to even preform the update...I followed the directions to the letter and the update still failed...very frustrating...

Maybe give sync a call directly and see if they can walk you through the update procedure...

OP
OP
I

IPvFletch

Reaction score
Well I can't even download the image/zip. My vehicle is too outdated I guess, so I can't manually update it. The dealer has to.

I was hoping to use the Sync Services features - like where you sync iTunes or can send info to your truck, those features... ???

What about NAV updates? Is there a zip/iso anywhere I can download + burn and update myself??? The NAV is pretty outdated for around here, really just found it out on my long road trip through nowheresville TX and NM....

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have an 800 number, just call them, they seem to be really nice. I have called 2x already and off hours.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yours is an 11 then I don't believe you have MyFord Touch (MFT). Not sure if there's a newer version out for yours or not.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is a 2010 and there isn't any update for that year, as we only have SYNC with or without NAV.

The updates are for the MY FORD TOUCH and SYNC together in 2011 and up.

AR3T-14D544-AEGen1 - V3.1 _________ last release date 4/2/2011

(This new software release, based on customer feedback, will improve Ford's 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report features. Now you can disable the '911 Assist is set to Off' speech reminder. If you choose to turn it off, a line of text reminding you that 911 Assist is disabled will continue to be shown on the radio display. In addition to the 911 Assist enhancement, the Auto Vehicle Health Report feature will now have a default setting of 'OFF'. Simply switch to 'ON' if you wish this report to be automatically generated.

In addition, there will also be improvements to the Traffic, Directions, and Information feature. Your SYNC system will now keep you advised of its status when communicating with other services that provide information for our services. When SYNC needs to send or receive data about traffic, direction or information, the radio will display a message indicating 'Sending' or 'Receiving' so the user is aware that SYNC is working. Some, not all, radios may display the message 'Prs&Hld PHONE to end' when communicating a service.

Also contained in this release are improvements to USB and Bluetooth features and phone and media device support.

Please Read: This update will take up to 8 minutes to complete. Approximately 60 seconds after you begin the installation, you will receive an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-8 minutes until you hear a second Installation Complete message before you can remove your thumb drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure to have your vehicle engine running throughout the entire installation process. After installing the Traffic, Directions and Information update, please bring your USB drive back to your computer to report the successful installation. NOTE: You will need to pair your mobile phone again with SYNC and re-download your contacts from your mobile phonebook. We also recommend that before re-pairing your mobile phone, you delete the previous Bluetooth-SYNC connection that was on your mobile phone.)

Don't do the NAV Disk update it's a waste of money and it's $199
All it does is update the map, dosen't upadte the NAV itself, if that's what your thinking

Last edited: