New Console Safes ready to ship.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, been looking for something like this.. got my order in! I didn't realize the newer models had a center console USB hookup (among others). Now I just need a kit to retro fit my 2012 with these center console ports! :)

OP
OP
rgnewell

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, been looking for something like this.. got my order in! I didn't realize the newer models had a center console USB hookup (among others). Now I just need a kit to retro fit my 2012 with these center console ports! :)
Thanks for the order, should go out Monday.
Bobby

p3rs1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the lock box extends the USB port, but is the 12v outlet still usable with this lock box? I'm plugging my GPS power cable in here and I'm hoping even if I can't access the 12v outlet on a regular basis, that the cord will still have enough clearance to remain plugged in!

Thanks!

OP
OP
rgnewell

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know the lock box extends the USB port, but is the 12v outlet still usable with this lock box? I'm plugging my GPS power cable in here and I'm hoping even if I can't access the 12v outlet on a regular basis, that the cord will still have enough clearance to remain plugged in!

Thanks!
I think if you plug in the cable before you install the safe, and drape it over the edge of the console as you install the safe, there may be enough clearance, If not you could cut a small notch in the front lip of the top plate to created enough clearance. The only problem would be if you wanted to remove the cable, you would basically have to uninstall the safe to remove the cable. I have sold many of these on this forum, maybe someone has tried something like that before.
Good luck, maybe you can be the testing ground.

Bobby

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pardon the ignorance, but is this a fully sealed unit, or does it utilize the OEM floor and sides as part of its walls?

I'm wondering at the legality for firearms storage in California. Can this be considered a "locked container" if its using parts of the consoles walls as its own?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sides and bottom are essentially X bracing for the locking lid. It all bolts together. Other than that, I can not say anything about the CA laws on it as I don't have a clue. Hope that helps a bit. (I have this installed in my '12 Raptor).

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks. We get to deal with specific verbage in the law that prohibits using the arm rest / center console as a locked container. Using 5 arm rest / console walls to create a locked container might be an issue.

rgn: Anyone repping this product submitted it to the CalDOJ for consideration? Any documentation from them saying its good to go?

OP
OP
rgnewell

rgnewell

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Ok thanks. We get to deal with specific verbage in the law that prohibits using the arm rest / center console as a locked container. Using 5 arm rest / console walls to create a locked container might be an issue.

rgn: Anyone repping this product submitted it to the CalDOJ for consideration? Any documentation from them saying its good to go?
I have done a little research in the CA DOJ requirements, and I thought they were for storage in the home. I do know If you have a minor child in the home, a combination lock must have 10,000 possible combinations. That is why I offer a four digit lock. For the CA DOJ to approve an item you must submit 5 units of each design for them to test and destroy, They keep one and you get none back. Plus there is a substantial fee involved.
The model for the Raptor and other F150's is assembled inside the console. There are substantial side plates, and it also has a front and rear plate. to remove a gun from inside the safe would require taking some type saw and cutting the back of the console and then cutting through the 12 gauge steel.
With this said, I don't know what the laws in CA are, but there are a lot of people using Console Vaults from Console Vault and Console Safes from Lock'er Down in California.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

12026.1.(a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit any citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or is temporarily within this state, and who is not within the excepted classes prescribed by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that the following applies to the firearm:
(1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than the utility or glove compartment.
(2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm, the firearm is contained within a locked container.
(b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in accordance with this chapter.
(c) As used in this section, “locked container” means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device.