Homelink version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Homelink has a new version that is going to be introduced on 2013 models. Anyone knows if the 2013 Raptor comes with this new version?

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I know the homelink system (overhead 3 button controlling the garage door, security etc..) is the same.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever came with my 2013 needs some muscle on it. I think the little buttons on it are like cheap and tiny. My 04 ram's set up was nice, beefy and you get a positive push out of it.

Those Raptor buttons will break or wear out soon. It just feels like it.

OP
OP
fshol

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with the Car2U Home automation System

From other forums I understand that Ford doesn't seem to be consistant in what they put in. Some get the Homelink and some the Car2U, which doesn't make it easier. Reason for my question on the Homelink is that the 2013 Homelink version has quite a few extra's (bi-directional, etc)

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine s homelink

Mine doesn't have one...I hear it is fairly easy and inexpensive to swap out the drivers visor with the home link...

I have the box on my visor...

Busa you have any knowledge on this?

Fred

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is Car2U thats what the book picture says anyway. Pic below. The buttons are so small, I mean really on a truck like this give us something to hit. It looks like it was an after thought.

Home Link.jpg

Home Link.jpg