Goin Dual Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
With Propane you actually gain power, its cool, Propane is 110 octane and its better for the motor. theres way less carbon in LP so it doesnt carbon up the valves and its a green fuel since it doesnt emit as much Co2, carbon monoxide or hydrocarbons. CNG is cool but it doesnt quite have the power to burn ratio that LP has plus i work for a propane company so Propane is always readily at hand lol. The system is already installed on 2 of our companies vans (one 5.4L and one 4.6L) and we just bought a 2006 F-150 that the system is being installed right now. Ill deff keep everyone posted, just a matter of savin the money haha

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
$30!! holy crap!!, where i work its $12 and its a full 20# tank when ya leave lol, as an employee ill be able to fill my truck with propane for $1.40 a gallon and get better effects than gas because of the higher octane and cleaner burn

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
once its converted i wont need to carry a full tank of gas all the time. Im hoping to get a 25-30 gallon tank so i should get the same range as a my gas tank.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^he will either have to find a propane shop or fill the smaller tank with regular gas....

are there kits out for most regular trucks? say a 97-03 f150 with 5.4? :emotions33:

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
If i do decide on a long trip i can fill both the gas tank and the Propane tank and the truck automatically switches so once on LP itll stay on it unless i turn it off, Once its empty itll auto switch back to gas until i fill the tank up again. They install a small little gauge on the dash to show the Propane level too so i can keep an eye on it. I'll def be posting pics of it once its finished

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
I dont personally have to buy anything because the company im taking it to will supply everything under the price which is just over $7000. Theyll supply all the hoses and fittings, ASME motorfuel tank, Vaporizer, the injector kit and the gauge for inside plus they fill it the first time so theres pressure in the system.

OP
OP
2010raptor

2010raptor

Reaction score
Yea its a bit pricey at first but once its done im gonna be able to drive a lot more at a cheaper cost which im really lookin forward to :)