FOX 3.0 vs. King 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Holy fak im loving my kings!!! On the softest setting right now not feeling the road bumps at all!
While installing i found out that both of my inner cv boots are torn. :( gotta order a cv boot kit now!
Splashing grease all over my new kings

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with a few things that were said in this thread 1 being that its hard for anyone to say which one rides or works better if you have not driven a raptor equipped with all 3 for yourself to really know the difference. What I also know is that ride is subjective to each person, there environment, and road conditions the truck is being used on. A simple fact is ICON Vehicle Dynamics has engineered completely externally tunable Ford Raptor specific shocks (that require no tools to adjust) to the table loaded with unique features specifically designed to improve a pretty decent OEM suspension. I have posted a thread on the ICON 3.0 coil over talking about the details and some pros of why to use them in our vendor area you can also take a look at for information. Tomorrow I will post further details about the rear shocks as well to give everyone some further information about the pros for using an ICON 3.0 Raptor bypass shock.

Next week we will be posting further comparisons between the OEM Raptor shocks and ICON 3.0's along with additional explanation to help understand the advantage of running these 3.0 shocks vs stock. Keep an eye out.

Last edited:

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i will say i talked to Brad yesterday and he is a great guy and the company is very good to work with. They are there to help you out if you have any problems and unlike another company i will not name them it doesn't seem like they want to help me out with my problem i am having with my shocks. So looks like i will be fixing my other shocks selling them and going with icon shocks because of how nice Brad was and took the time to talk to me and explain things to me about there shocks over others.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with a few things that were said in this thread 1 being that its hard for anyone to say which one rides or works better if you have not driven a raptor equipped with all 3 for yourself to really know the difference. What I also know is that ride is subjective to each person, there environment, and road conditions the truck is being used on. A simple fact is ICON Vehicle Dynamics has engineered completely externally tunable Ford Raptor specific shocks (that require no tools to adjust) to the table loaded with unique features specifically designed to improve a pretty decent OEM suspension. I have posted a thread on the ICON 3.0 coil over talking about the details and some pros of why to use them in our vendor area you can also take a look at for information. Tomorrow I will post further details about the rear shocks as well to give everyone some further information about the pros for using an ICON 3.0 Raptor bypass shock.

Next week we will be posting further comparisons between the OEM Raptor shocks and ICON 3.0's along with additional explanation to help understand the advantage of running these 3.0 shocks vs stock. Keep an eye out.

You say Icon shocks were designed for stock suspension. How would you place their performance on a truck with after market components, i.e. Nation/Deaver springs?

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have had the privilege if riding in trucks with all 3 brand 3.0" shocks,

they all ride better than stock, but as it was said, it comes down to riding conditions, driving style, terrain, ect. I think that the shock upgrade is one of the best you can spend your $$ on, in conjunction with a uniball UCA. It is a upgrade you will feel right out of the drive way. We sell king and Icon so I have talked with both and know that they have spent alot of time doing R&D on their products, I'm sure that Fox has as well I just have not spoken directly about it.

All 3 companies have a very high level of fit and finish on their products, and all 3 have great customer support as well as a large network of dealers to assist you.

do your homework, pick up the phone and actually talk to educated sales people about it and ask the questions, not just sift the forum to educate yourself.

I know we are as I'm sure all of the vendors are here to help, it's a big investment.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You say Icon shocks were designed for stock suspension. How would you place their performance on a truck with after market components, i.e. Nation/Deaver springs?

Cups - With the wide range of adjust-ability there will not be any issue at all. Honestly the way they are tuned out of the factory has made many people happy with both factory and aftermarket springs. You always have the option with a few turns of the compression and rebound knobs to dial it in quick to your exact needs. The Instructions come with recommendations for 5 different situations and we are always here to help with tuning in the shocks as well. Our engineers can always get on the phone and offer advise based on how your Raptor is equipped and what types of terrains it is faced with.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the Champions you're talking about aren't 99% of the guys in the Trophy Truck class or in short course Bryce Menzies, Rob Mac, Johnny Greaves, Brian Deegan, Ricky Johnson, Justin "bean" Smith the list goes on and on.

I have run Bilstein and Fox but never Kings, I have nothing bad to say about any of them. I just was wondering what champion you were talking about cause all the fast guys seem to be on Fox.