How To Paint rear emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto.. Cause i am thinking about totally debadging my Raptor with the exception of F150 (which I am going to plastidip it) just in case i change my mind

-Greg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The emblems are easy to remove, the Raptor emblem is affixed with adhesive only, whereas the F-150 has a couple of posts that lineup with holes in the tailgate. To remove them I recommend goof off, dental floss, and a stiff plastic flat-edge tool (or a thin metal scraper carefully wrapped in painter's tape would work).

I haven't painted mine, but I did remove the F-150 badge and then relocated the Raptor badge to the driver's side to cover the alignment holes.

I did however LineX the bezel on the Ford emblem yesterday (plasti dip didn't cut it for me, kept peeling)... I like how it came out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350487190.043649.jpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The white and black emblem looks great on the white truck...that is awesome...the blacked out chrome looks good too...

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The white and black emblem looks great on the white truck...that is awesome...the blacked out chrome looks good too...

Thanks man. I know the edging where the LineX meets the white decal looks a lil shaky, but it's not. Those are areas where the decal got a bit jacked up during edging in previous plasti dip trials. I'm gonna replace the white decal to clean up that edge... Can't decide if I'm gonna do the same thing or do an SVT logo.... But I'll probably end up doing an FRF logo there since that's what would be the illest.

The original poster's idea and photos have me thinking about doing a lil somethin-somethin with the Raptor and 6.2L badges. Hmmmmm....

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I know the edging where the LineX meets the white decal looks a lil shaky, but it's not. Those are areas where the decal got a bit jacked up during edging in previous plasti dip trials. I'm gonna replace the white decal to clean up that edge... Can't decide if I'm gonna do the same thing or do an SVT logo.... But I'll probably end up doing an FRF logo there since that's what would be the illest.

The original poster's idea and photos have me thinking about doing a lil somethin-somethin with the Raptor and 6.2L badges. Hmmmmm....

I was thinking about ordering a few extras...since I will screw up at least once and the pressure is off...if you posted earlier, i apologize for being to lazy to look, but do you think, I could get the "Ford" emblem like yours except get silver instead of white?

Nick used the Plastidip on his Chrome and his looks good...he also blacked out the tail lights and that looks sick on the silver

I was going to plasti dip the Rapptor SVT badge and see how that looks...might look good on the silver and white...

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I read how to take them off, but what did you guys use (if anything) to put them back on?

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
but do you think, I could get the "Ford" emblem like yours except get silver instead of white?

Yeah dude, do it up. You certainly don't need my permission. It will look good if you can get the vinyl guy to accurately match the Ingot Silver

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I read how to take them off, but what did you guys use (if anything) to put them back on?

I used "3M Super Strong Automotive Attachment Tape"

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

Get a really sharp razor blade (the "box cutter" kind) and that stuff... You'll be good to go. You clean the back of the emblem really good with Goof Off to get all the previous adhesive off the emblem. The tape is double-sided so you peel off one side, affix it to the emblem, then use the blade to shave off all the excess tape off (you're basically tracing the raptor logo from the backside). Then peel off the tailgate-contacting side of the tape and firmly press it on.

The stuff is very strong. Your emblem won't come off unless its removed deliberately.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to paint emblems a gloss color, cleat coat them. The first time i did not and after 6 months they faded. Hard to tell in the picture, but the gloss is gone and the red lightened on the raptor. The F-150 is freshly painted.

Attachments

• 101_0080.jpg
    101_0080.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free