How To DIY Painted Edges on Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the tip to get all the paint in the small crease on the back of the lights?

I did this last night and there are several areas that are still clear. its like the paint cannot get into these areas...

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Couple things...

Thanks Mr. Green for this how to.

I did mine with flat black.

To get into all the cracks I used a syringe from my kids medicine. I sucked out the touch up paint and squirted it into the crack and let it run down. Then after a couple times of doing that, I taped off the entire lights and sprayed in black spray paint to hit all the areas that didn't get it the first time.

the syringe got to the bottom of the crease and the spray hit all the other areas.

IMAGE_DCAF38F4-8D55-4E12-880C-E6E037B0A8DD.jpg

IMAGE_30B06C57-E500-4D8A-8186-7A2C88045A49.jpg

what is the tip to get all the paint in the small crease on the back of the lights?

I did this last night and there are several areas that are still clear. its like the paint cannot get into these areas...

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
glad to know the better way of getting this mod out the way, lol........i went ahead and instead of reading on, i grabbed touch up paint at autozone and painted the outsides of the tail light assembly! cant tell one bit though and came out great! in the sun, i pointed out my little job to a friend and he gave me props. guess it aint too bad, lol

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made a huge difference Josh! I used Toyota black metallic gloss from pepboys. Couldn't find FORD black for some reason