Ford requiring a deposit, a signed purchase order and drivers license to order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered with a handshake at a HUGE dealership. Left no money and no signature. Also have paperwork with the deal in writing, and im putting miles on the trade every day!!

So it must depend on the dealer and the area.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of paying for something before is in much less made...that being said..I would argue, that a deposit, refundable of course, and a signed sales order with the price and all the options creates a contract between you and the dealer...so if something happens that is not what was stated chances are the dealer will work harder to fix any issues, since there is a contract with consideration involved...

Biggest problem I would think would be not all the options you ordered are on the truck when delivered...time of delivery...

Again...get it in writing and signed by you and the sales manager of what all parties agree to and each ones obligations...

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think: If you're running a business . . . :birgits_tiredcoffeewould you order a $50k+ anything on talk?

:secret:
Prove who You are
Show me the money
Sign what You ordered
is CYA for Both buyer :uhoh2: seller.
That is what I expect from a Dealer to make it happen.:grd:
It's SOP
:handshake:

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer was asking for a "Copy of a check for $500" and license and signed order form. He said that FORD was just trying to ensure these orders were for real people not just the dealer trying to get another Raptor on their lot.

Josh

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That speaks to a bigger problem that Ford Motor Company does not trust some of their dealers and vice versa... Not good to ready that...I would be pissed if I was accused of not being honest...unless it was true...

I would never tell a customer...we need you to do this and that because Ford doesn't trust us...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone I would want to work with...Not

And not even creative liars, unless Ms. Hilton did indeed want two Raptors.

At least they could have used names like:
Mike Hunt
Richard Cranium

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that dealer was shady from the beginning, I took the test drive there, heard that then drove away and never looked back...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that dealer was shady from the beginning, I took the test drive there, heard that then drove away and never looked back...

Wait...you took the test drive and drove away with the truck?

that is one way to teach them...tell them to send the bill to Paris Hilton...you were there to get one of her Raptors.