DIY Shady Tree Whipple Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would post up an install thread so y'all can see how hard it is and the overall fit and finish of the kit. My mechanical skills are slightly above average from other hot rod projects I've done but I am by far no super mechanic by trade.

Getting it unboxed and inventoried now. Watch for updates.

Instructions are very detailed and thorough with lots of pics for every step.

whipmanual_zpsbf454ccc.jpg

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not going to be a difficult install. More time consuming than anything.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Good luck

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing it come together. I think I will price out a whipple kit then compare it to the Roush kit I could get at cost.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing it come together. I think I will price out a whipple kit then compare it to the Roush kit I could get at cost.

That would be a hard decision Whipple or Roush at cost. I would much prefer the Whipple but when your getting the other at cost its pretty persuading.

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not going to be a difficult install. More time consuming than anything.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Good luck

I've done enough intake manifold swaps in my day to not be scared by it. Really not looking forward to leaning over the engine for 8hrs. (oh my aching back) lol

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be a hard decision Whipple or Roush at cost. I would much prefer the Whipple but when your getting the other at cost its pretty persuading.

Yeah thats what makes me torn, it will really depend on the price difference etc. So will have to wait and see... look forward to seeing the results from this thread though.

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done enough intake manifold swaps in my day to not be scared by it. Really not looking forward to leaning over the engine for 8hrs. (oh my aching back) lol

It's actually not as bad as you think. I have done plenty of whipple, kenne bell and Vortech twin screw blowers on Shelbys. When I pulled the engine out of the truck it wasn't nearly as bad as I though it was going to be. The intake comes off very easily and there is hardly anything to get in the way.